You will need the following documents:
- the identity card/passport
- a current passport photo(photo sample board of the Bundesdruckerei)
- a certificate or expert opinion from an ophthalmologist (not older than 2 years)
- a certificate of participation in a first aid training course
- a medical certificate of physical and mental fitness (not older than one year) in accordance with Annex 5 of the Driving License Ordinance (FeV)
- a copy of the driver's card, if the last driver's license was issued by a foreign authority
- in case of an extension of the driving license: the previous driving license
Tip: Use the identification terminal (Speed Capture Station)
An ID card terminal is available in the hallway on the ground floor of City Hall B of the City of Wolfsburg. You can enter your biomatric data here:
for ID cards, passports and driver's licenses yourself. This saves effort and costs for obtaining his biometric passport photo. After capturing, the document application must be continued at the counter. The fee for capturing the data is 6.00 euros and will be charged together with the fee payable for the document application at the counter.
Please note that the data collected can only be used to apply for an ID card, passport or driver's license.
43,90 Euro without trial period
44,70 Euro with trial period
The driving license classes are limited to five years after issuance. The renewal then requires the submission of an ophthalmological certificate, as well as a medical certificate of physical and mental fitness (not older than one year) in accordance with Appendix 5. An application for extension must be submitted in good time, approximately three months before the expiry date.
Driver's License Office
Driving licensematters A-K: City Hall B, Room 048
Driving license matters L-Z: Town hall B, room 049
Telephone: 05361 28-2424 or 05361 28-2147
Fax: 05361 28-2090