District mothers in Wolfsburg
Learning together for women from different countries
With their acquired knowledge, district mothers are active as cultural mediators in contact with migrant parents and pedagogical staff in day care centers, family centers, schools or other places of work. District mothers point migrant families in their environment to offers of counseling and helping institutions - they accompany the parents to facilities and institutions and mediate in case of language problems.
Intercultural Family Education - District Mothers Training
The city of Wolfsburg offers young migrant women with children training to become district mothers.
The aim of the training for district mothers is that they can subsequently be active as "bridge builders" in various institutions.
- offers a place to meet other mothers from different cultural backgrounds and supports the participants in their own integration
- complements the experience with their own children with psychological insights into child development
- offers information about language support in families living together in several languages
- shows the offers of social help in the areas of youth, social and health care
- helps with the re-entry into working life after years of intensive work in the family
- supports in finding their own fields of work.
The district mothers receive qualification by being trained by qualified pedagogues over a period of 10 months.
Free childcare is provided during the group lessons.
City of Wolfsburg
Department of Youth Welfare in Schools
Head of district mothers training
Phone: 05361 28-1736
E-mail to Zahra Abbassi
City of Wolfsburg
Head of Department Youth Welfare in Schools
Telephone: 05361 308 999 15
E-mail to Julia Rohde