As the vehicle owner, you must notify the vehicle registration authority of all modifications to the vehicle that require registration, such as conversions or retrofits.
These must be verified by means of an expert opinion from an approved testing organization. The changes are entered in the vehicle documents by the registration authority.
- the identity card/passport with registration certificate
- the registration certificate part II/the vehicle title
- the registration certificate part I/the vehicle registration certificate
- Expert's report on the technical modification / installation certificate from the workshop
- Proof of a valid general inspection in accordance with § 29 StvZO (German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations)
- Main inspection report: The test report on the last main inspection must only be submitted if the due date for the next main inspection is not stated in the vehicle registration document or the Part I registration certificate.
- In the event of a change in the type of vehicle or vehicle performance, an eVB must also be submitted.
- Proof of valid motor vehicle liability insurance via the eVB procedure with receipt of a seven-digit electronic insurance confirmation number.
If applicable, additionally required at the time of application:
by proxy / representative:
- issued power of attorney (form see below) including personal document of the grantor of the power of attorney and the authorized representative
- Current excerpt from the commercial register, current business registration, power of attorney of the managing director or authorized signatory or personal appearance of the managing director / authorized signatory and their identity card / passport
- Excerpt from the register of associations; identity card or passport and power of attorney of the designated representative(s)
- complete overview of the shareholders (usually shareholders' agreement)
- Power of attorney and declaration of the person to whom the registration is to be made (confirmed by signature of all partners) as well as the identity card / passport of the partner to whom the registration is to be made.
- Consent of the legal guardian(s) (usually both parents) and designation of a person authorized to accept service of documents
Fees will be charged in accordance with the Fee Regulations for Road Traffic Measures (GebOSt) from an amount of 12.00 euros. The specific fee amount can only be determined on site based on the presentation of the complete documents.