Red license plates for historic vehicles 06 can be applied for according to § 16 FZV for recurring own operational use by motor vehicle manufacturers, motor vehicle parts manufacturers, motor vehicle dealers and motor vehicle workshops.
The following journeys may be carried out with them:
- Test, trial and transfer journeys (but only within Germany).
- Identity card or passport with certificate of registration
- Confirmation of insurance for red license plates (feature R)
- Informal application
- Information from the central traffic register
- Extract from the central commercial register, document type "0" (maximum 3 months old)
- Certificate of good conduct of document type "0" (maximum 3 months old)
- Excerpt from the commercial register and business registration in the original, as well as personal documents of the authorized representative(s)
- Proof of available parking space (e.g. rental or lease agreement)
- SEPA direct debit mandate
If applicable, additionally required at the time of application:by authorized representative(s):
- issued power of attorney (form see below) including personal document of the grantor of the power of attorney and the authorized representative
- Current excerpt from the commercial register, current business registration, power of attorney of the managing director or authorized signatory or personal appearance of the managing director/authorized signatory and their identity card/passport
for companies under civil law:
- complete overview of the shareholders (as a rule, shareholders' agreement)
- Power of attorney and declaration of the person to whom the registration is to be made (confirmed by signature of all shareholders) as well as the identity card / passport of the shareholder to whom the registration is to be made.
Fees will be charged according to the Gebührenordnung für Maßnahmen im Straßenverkehr (GebOSt) in the amount of 110.00 EUR . The issuance of a vehicle registration booklet after the allocation of a red license plate increases the fee by EUR 15.30.