Elemental and instrumental
Making music with us starts with the very young, and continues with qualified instrumental and vocal lessons for every age group.
We offer qualified instrumental and vocal lessons for all ages - and on almost all instruments: Accordion, recorder, flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon, trumpet, horn, trombone, euphonium, tuba, guitar, electric guitar, electric bass, harp, drums, piano, keyboard, violin, viola, cello, double bass, harp as well as singing and voice training.
Our students benefit from the music pedagogical university education of our teachers. They pass on their practical experience from their own concert and orchestra activities. We provide individual advice on the choice of instrument and on how to optimize the lessons. If you do not have your own instrument, we are happy to help you out with rental instruments.
Early musical development allows children to experience how much joy there is in making music, singing and dancing together. Children are introduced to music in a playful way without any pressure to perform. Long-term studies have shown that musical experience strongly promotes the holistic development of children in the social, creative and intellectual areas. The development of musical abilities through the holistic, child-oriented engagement with and around music is particularly important to the colleagues in the elementary section of the music school.
The following musical components are promoted in the elementary section:
- Elementary instrumental playing with body instruments and Orff instruments
- Experiencing and developing one's own voice and singing and learning songs
- Expressing music in movement (rhythm) and learning dances
- Elementary graphic notation from purely graphic representation to writing music
- Getting to know different instruments, making your own instruments
Age: up to 18 months, with parentsThe Musikgarten for the youngest children starts with the original musical experiences of the babies, especially influenced by the time in the womb. Babies react intensively to musical stimuli. They love repetition and have a strong need for physical closeness and touch. Sensory stimuli, stroking, tickling, being held and carried are therefore given special weight in the courses. Through dances, songs, spoken verses and movement games, the children discover their own voice and body with joy. Simple instruments such as timbrels, rattles and drums lead the children into the world of sounds.
Age: Children from 18 months to 4.5 years, accompanied by a parent.
In parent-child groups with a maximum of ten pairs, playful activities are combined with musical elements. Musikgarten Phase 1 invites children from 18 months to 3 years. It includes a balanced mix of songs, finger plays, knee riders, spoken verses and dances. Musical circle games as well as the use of simple instruments such as bells, tone woods, rattles and drums introduce children to the world of sound.
Phase 2 of Musikgarten offers children between 3 and 4.5 years of age active music-making lessons with their parents through the Musical Circle of the Year. Language is now a central focus and is picked up in sound stories, multi-strophic songs, rhythmic echo games and story ideas. In addition to the familiar instruments, the first melodic elements are introduced on sound blocks. Movement takes on free and varied forms. The children gradually learn to detach themselves from the caregiver.
The teachers in the Musikgarten of the music school have special training and the necessary certificates.
Our teachers who work in this area are Carmen Maaß and Jooeun Kong.
- Music dwarfs 1 and 2
- Start: 18 months to 4.5 years
- Accompaniment: with parents
- Content: In parent-child groups with up to eight pairs, playful activities are combined with musical elements. Musikzwerge 1 is designed for children from 18 months to 3 years and includes kneeling and finger games, singing songs and first instrumental play on bells, tonewoods and rattles.
- Musikzwerge 2 offers active music lessons with parents in parent-child groups of up to 8 children between the ages of 3 and 4 and a half. In addition to the instruments of the first phase, the children learn melodic elements on sound blocks.
- MFE 1 and 2
- Start of MFE 1 in September two years before the start of school
- Start of MFE 2 in September one year before starting school
- Accompaniment: without parents
- Over the course of two years, children are introduced to the various areas of music (movement, voice, rhythm, instrumental playing, graphic notation/music theory and instrument theory) in an age-appropriate and holistic way in line with the successful "Music and Dance for Children" concept. The aim is to learn an instrument in specialist lessons after completing the course and starting school or to get to know the various instruments on offer in the instrument carousel. Four accompanying children's booklets offer the opportunity to deepen the experience with the parents.
Does my child need teaching materials?
Children need one children's booklet per semester for the early music lessons. The teacher will provide information about this at the beginning.
Can I make music together with others?
At the concert "Bunt wie der Herbst" your child can get a taste of the stage for the first time with other pupils from the elementary and instrumental sections of the music school in the main hall.
- Jenny Spruta
- Karin Böhles
- Carmen Maaß
- Anke Walocha-Krack
- City center, Goetheschule
- Fallersleben branch, Glockenberg School
- Vorsfelde branch, Ludwig-Klingemann-Haus
How much do the lessons cost?
- Information on registration/fee schedule
Here you can find your favorite instrument in pairs! See, hear, touch and try out 11 different instrument groups for 3 weeks each.
Entry possible every 4 months. Please contact our administration. 05361-2972-0.
Cooperation in the elementary sector - partner of the day care centers. Elementary music education accompanies into a conscious, musical world of experience, singing together, experiencing rhythm through movement and simple instrumental playing on the "Orff instruments".
Age: from 14 years
Everybody can learn to sing! In singing lessons we work exclusively with the voice, so no instrument is needed. With the voice you can learn all kinds of sounds and tones beyond breathing techniques, so you can learn to sing in a wide variety of musical styles. You do not need any previous experience or knowledge of sheet music to participate in voice lessons.
In which ensembles can I sing? As a trained singer, you can sing in the voice training group or in the jazz and pop choir and take part in performances.
Class locations: Stadtmitte, Goetheschule
Tuition: See registration/fee schedule
The voice training group consists mainly of choir singers who enjoy exploring their voices in more detail. They study voice physiology, different technique approaches and music theory in more detail. Furthermore, short pieces are rehearsed in a small ensemble and occasionally performed. Group voice lessons are ideal for singers who want to delve deeper into the subject without taking private lessons. Despite the relaxed atmosphere, the small group comes alive through the commitment and curiosity of its members.
Teacher: Juliette Jacobsen